The Linden Charter
The Linden Road Academy Charter
The whole academy community will strive to be:
Linden Road Academy will:
- Make work challenging, exciting, interesting and varied.
- Motivate and develop children’s behaviour for learning and Growth Mindset.
- Help children improve their learning so that they make the best possible progress.
- Provide a safe and happy environment where everyone respects each other.
- Ensure that all staff are great role models for children and the Linden Road Academy community.
- Prepare students for high school and lifelong learning.
Parents and carers will:
- Ensure that their child wears the correct uniform.
- Expect the correct behaviour from their children; supporting them in developing great behaviours for learning and a Growth Mindset.
- Act as role models for their children and the whole Linden Road Academy community by acting appropriately and wearing appropriate clothing when on the school premises.
- Make sure that their child attends school regularly and does not take holidays within school term-time.
- Make sure that homework and home learning tasks are completed, and take an active role in their child’s learning.
- Be constructive about the school, looking for solutions when there may be difficulties and providing feedback when things are going well.
- Have the correct attitude towards other students and be fantastic role models.
- Have a Growth Mindset.
- Complete class and homework on time and to the very best of their abilities.
- Wear the correct uniform; look smart.
- Always have the correct PE kit in school for lessons and after school clubs.
- Tell their parents they do not want to go on holiday during term time.
- Come to school on time.
- Be kind to new students joining the school.
The Local Governing Body will:
- Ensure that the school delivers an excellent quality of education.
- Monitor that the academy implements all policies, procedures and legal responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- Hold the school accountable for performance and development of staff and children alike.
Principal: Mr Greaves Chair of Local Governing Body: Mrs Whitfield
By attending Linden Road Academy students and their parents/carers agree to uphold this Academy Charter.